Applied Self-Direction provides practical expertise for self-direction stakeholders, including state Medicaid agencies, managed care organizations, federal government agencies, Financial Management Services (FMS) entities, support brokerage entities, and more.
To learn more about how we can assist your organization or to sign up for membership services, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applied Self-Direction maintains membership offerings for FMS providers serving self-direction programs, state programs administering or seeking to administer self-direction programs and other stakeholders interested in learning more about self-direction. Membership includes exclusive policy analysis, webinars, reports, ad hoc technical assistance with expert staff, and more. Membership is free for states to join. Members also receive discounted rates for Technical Assistance (TA) and Training to assist them with designing, implementing, and operating self-direction programs.
Consulting and Technical Assistance Services
For organizations who seek expert assistance with a project or objective, Applied Self-Direction offers consulting and technical assistance services. Frequent projects include:
- Researching the national landscape of self-direction services, including our 2019 National Inventory of Self-Direction Programs produced in partnership with AARP
- Providing policy analysis and helping entities achieve compliance with federal or state laws that affect self-directed services. Past examples include:
- Assisting states and providers reach compliance with new Department of Labor regulations that radically changed how the Fair Labor Standards Act applied to self-directed services
- Supporting states and FMS providers with implementing Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) in self-direction, which has recently become required under federal law
- Developing quality metrics to measure programwide compliance with unique Internal Revenue Service requirements for employers in self-direction
- Helping states design and create a new Medicaid-funded self-direction program
- Supporting states with making enhancements to existing self-direction programs
- Advising states on procurement of Financial Management Services and Information and Assistance in support of self-direction
- Training state staff, case managers, or other individuals on the philosophy and mechanics of self-direction
Applied Self-Direction hosts a biennial Self-Direction Conference to help promote self-direction and educate the industry on best practices. Click here for more information on our 2021 Virtual Conference and 2022 Self-Direction Conference.